It’s a well-known fact that the kitchen is the most used room in the home. It’s where you eat, you cook, you socialise and sometimes, it’s where you open and close the refrigerator looking for inspiration. It makes total sense, then, that you would want your kitchen to reflect what you love. Being on trend isn’t always the most important thing, but you should want to spend time in the room, which means getting it updated to suit your current tastes. The only real issue with the kitchen being so popular is the fact it also happens to be the most cluttered room for most people, so the new, modern kitchen that you will have installed isn’t likely to be seen very much!
To get a modern kitchen, you have to be willing to put in a little hard work and a sizeable amount of cash. Of course, you can have the most modern kitchen on a budget, but when you want to relay pipework and reroute the kitchen sink, you need a good team of plumbers on hand to help. It’s the same with your electrics; you may want to revamp your kitchen by changing your light fixtures and installing spotlights, which means you need a professional team to help you out. Capturing a modern kitchen is going to be fun if you know exactly what you’re looking for. Your interpretation of modern may differ from someone else’s, but there are a few things that you can do instantly to breathe some life into your kitchen:
- A lick of paint can make a huge difference, especially if you change your current colour to pure white. A white kitchen is one that is instantly brighter, and if you’ve got chrome or aluminium fixtures and fittings, you’re immediately going to create the industrial look.
- When you’re thinking about breathing life into a kitchen, that means actually having some life on display. Freshly cut flowers in vases around the room as well as metallic fruit bowls filled with colourful fruits can contrast the white paintwork – and make it beautiful.
- Replacing the hardware on the cabinets and drawers can instantly propel your kitchen into a modern era. Ornate Victorian door handles look beautiful, but they don’t always stay in the tone of the room. Chrome handles look beautiful and swap the look of the kitchen from vintage to visually perfect.
- Rethink the way that you handle storage. Kitchens are cluttered rooms much of the time, so the aim is to create a place in the room to store that clutter. Open shelving can add a really fresh perspective to a kitchen, but if you’re looking to take things off display then it likely won’t be right for you.
- Lastly, to add a modern feel to your kitchen, change up your backsplash. It makes a kitchen look more expensive and it can be a modern addition to any kitchen.
Kitchens are all about being sociable, which means that you need to get it looking good – fast!