While you may have had a lot of fun decorating your bedroom, the prospect of decorating a nursery for your child is even more exciting. This is because there are no real rules in how a child’s bedroom should look – meaning that you are really able to use your imagination and experiment. For example, you could even create a nursery that looks as though it was lifted from the pages of a fairytale.
Here are some top tips for bringing magic to your nursery – creating the perfect space for your baby to grow, develop and play!
- Buy the basics first. When creating a nursery for your child, you must start with the basic furniture first. This way, you ensure you already have everything you need ready and set up for when they arrive. By using sites such as Foryourlittleone, you’ll be able to find everything you need in one place – from Moses baskets to snuggly blankets that will keep them warm all winter.
- Grab the paintbrush. The first step towards creating the perfect fairytale room for your little one is choosing a colour scheme. During this time, you might want to take colour psychology into consideration. This is a theory that discusses how different colours create different atmospheres while also impacting our mood. For example, if you were to paint the nursery a pale shade of blue, this could help to lower your stress levels. Alternatively, shades such as yellow and orange will create a bright, exciting space for your child to thrive in.
- Buy some wall stickers to create a mural. Creating your own wall mural is a great way to bring your favourite fairytales from the page to the nursery. However, wall stickers could be the way to go unless you have great artistic skills under your belt and want to try your hand at drawing them yourself. For example, you could purchase stickers of your favorite characters – from dragons to princesses and display them across one wall.
- Hang photographs and wall art. If you’re looking for something a little more simple than a wall mural, you can bring magic into the room through artwork and photographs instead. For example, you could learn to display special photos in a stunning way or purchase fairytale inspired prints from sites such as Etsy.
- Hang some fairy lights. Fairy Lights are a no-brainer for creating a fairytale nursery because they add a touch of sparkle wherever they are placed. Furthermore, having fairy lights to look at can actually be a sensory experience that benefits your baby while supporting those who find it difficult to sleep in the dark.
- Keep clutter to a minimum. Just because Cinderella spent a lot of time cleaning doesn’t mean that you have to -, if you want to create a calming (and hazard free) nursery for your child, you need to ensure that all clutter is kept to the minimum through clever storage options such as shelves, under bed storage or even traditional toy chests.